Friday, September 5, 2014

Ren Addict


I think we all have that one favourite skin care or make-up brand. The brand we can always rely on and who's products we are always repurchasing. 

For me that brand is Ren. 

Ren products are well priced, they have a great range for different skin types and their products deliver where it really counts, making my skin blemish free and hydrated. I know if I try a different skin care product or my skin is breaking out I can always turn to Ren to fix the problem. 

So these are a few of my favourite Ren products currently in my collection.

ClearCalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser. Wow what a mouthful, but this is probably the best cleanser I have ever used. When I say cleanser I mean not as a make-up remover, a 2nd cleanse. It's targeted at blemish prone, oily skin but can be used for all skin types. It clarifies and cleanses my skin thoroughly without my skin getting dried out. And it's a massive bottle, so you won't run out for ages and ages. ($36 from Mecca Cosmetica). 

No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm. So I had run out of my forever favourite cleansing balm by Emma Hardie (You know the one..) and I thought I'd try something new. The lovely Lisa Eldridge posted a cleansing balm video and this was one of the first balms mentioned. From the first moment I used the No. 1 Purity cleansing balm I loved it. The smell, the consistency, it's amazing. My skin feels plump and clean afterwards and it hasn't broken me out. So I use this product as a 1st and 2nd cleanser and to be honest I think it's beating Emma Hardie.. possibly. ($46 from Mecca Cosmetica). 

Clarifying Toner. A firm favourite of mine and an every day essential. I first read about this product on Caroline Hirons Blog. It's a good acid toner to use day and night. It's definitely on the low scale of acid toners, so it's gentle enough to use everyday. If you follow Caroline's skin care routine this would be used as the 1st toner. ($24 from Mecca Cosmetica).



Glycolatic radiance renewal mask. A firm favourite of mine which I like to use if my skin is dull or I have any prominent scarring. It's great for that extra exfoliation my skin sometimes needs. It also helps to give my skin a glow, make it smoother and it also helps to fade some of my acne scars. Great for all skin types except though with sensitive skin. It says to leave it on for 10 minutes but usually I'll just leave it on for around 5 minutes and it does the job. ($59 from Mecca Cosmetica). 

Omega 3 optimum skin serum oil. Possibly my favourite serum ever. I use this day and night under my moisturiser and it just simply helps my skin stay hydrated and heal. It doesn't make my skin feel excessively oily and it's fine to wear under make-up. I simply love it. ($46 from Mecca Cosmetica). 

Global Protection Day cream. Let me firstly say this is the best smelling moisturiser ever. It smells like turkish delights. It is beyond delightful. This is a great every day moisturiser. Nothing fantastic, it just works, keeps my skin hydrated and works well under my make-up. It's the perfect everyday, no fuss moisturiser. ($54 from Mecca Cosmetica). 

I would love to here what some of your favourite Ren products are too. 
Have a great weekend :)

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment