Monday, February 10, 2014

My favourite cleansers


Before the days of reading Caroline Hirons's blog I used to be a foaming cleanser lover. Oh how things can change in a year. And what an impact it can have on your skin. 
Since making the change to using non-foaming cleansers my skin doesn't break out as as often, it's no longer red or inflamed and my skin heals a lot faster. 

The first favourite of the cleansing balms is (surprise, surprise) the Emma Hardie amazing face Moringa Cleansing Balm. A firm favourite within the beauty blogging community. I love how luxurious this product feels on my skin (removing make-up is no longer a chore) and how hydrated and plump my skin feels afterwards. (Price: $68)

The Clinique take the day off cleansing balm is a make-up remover rather than a cleanser, but it has cemented itself in my cleansing routine so I'm featuring it in this post. Its a no fuss, does-the-job-well make-up remover. I switched to this product when I was trying to save some money and was thoroughly impressed. It removes any make-up (even waterproof mascara) with ease and doesn't make my skin feel oily. (Price: $55)


Number three and perhaps my favourite of them all is the Ren Clarifying Clay cleanser. I had run out of my Emma Hardie cleanser and needed a replacement fast because I was going on holiday. I had seen this mentioned in some of Caroline's tweets so I went to my nearest Mecca Store and bought it. The sales assistant at Mecca had me worried because she said 'We only recommend this product for extremely oily and acne prone skin'. I thought oh God my skin is going to dry up, but low and behold the sales assistant was completely wrong (as they often are...). It helps fight off any blemishes I have, my skin is left feeling fresh and moisturised. It's not drying to my skin at all and it lasts well. I couldn't recommend this cleanser enough, its amazing! (Price: $40)

And lastly the Perricone MD Nutritive Cleanser. I bought this in Hawaii because I like to swap around and use different cleansers in the week, so I thought I'd add another to the mix. It cleans my skin well, again my skin feels moisturised and clean. It's a gel based cleanser which is gentle on the skin and it smells nice, like Johnson's baby powder. Score! (Price: $59)

I always double cleanse my skin, starting with one of the cleansing balms to remove my make-up or sunscreen. I either continue again with the Emma Hardie Balm or use the Ren or Perricone MD cleansers instead. I always wash the cleansers off with a warm flannel. I can't stress enough how changing my cleansing routine has impacted my skin. Listen to the experts, like Caroline Hirons, they really do know what they're talking about.

I'd love to know which cleansers are your favourite too.
Have a great week, 
Laura x

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I used to love 'Take The Day Off'! Think I'm going to have to try it out again...I haven't used it for almost 10 years haha.

    xo,
    Lela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go again, such a good staple cleanser to own! x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Any of the cleansers I've mentioned I love and would completely recommend. Thanks for stopping by :) x

      Delete